TIPS ON DECORATING OUTSIDE THE HOUSE
While renovating the house makes people mostly pay scrutiny to the inside of the house, but the outside décor needs to reflect one’s style and preference as well. People get to notice and admire the outside more than the inner décor of the house. The little backyard, garden area or the front porch space are decorated with much care and style. Read this article to find out more on the basic tips on decorating front porch and garden are.
- Front Porch
- Colour structure: Pick colours based on the surrounding area of the place. The porch should not look so out of place with the setting of the place. You can choose to go with vibrant colours such as deep blue and bright yellow, as well as muted pastels such as super white and grey tones.
- Accessories and tools: Outdoor ceiling fans are must-have appliances for the porch area. There are different types of fans to choose from. Go for vintage-looking fans to have a twist to regular décor styling or a simple stand fan may also suffice. Place a small wooden sofa with lots of comfy pillows.
- Flower power: The porch area could be decorated nicely with lots of flower pots. There are designed pots available in the market. Tin pots for flower plants are very hip right now as they give off a retro charm to the front sitting area.
- Picture frames: Clean picture frames on the empty walls works nicely for an outside sitting area. Hang a wind-chime to produce a perfect ambience.
- Garden area
- Ladder garden: During this pandemic, people are getting more and more involved with creative ways of gardening. At times due to lack of space gardening might not be possible. A delightful remedy is to turn an old ladder into a garden space, making these vertical herb-gardens aesthetically pleasing to the eyes.
- A fire pit: If there is enough space for it, a fire pit is an added bonus for the garden area. Children might organize their outdoor sleepover around the fire pit. The friends may spend a quality time gathering around the fire pit, drinking cold beer.
- Water décor: Fountains or birdbath is a familiar decorative piece for the garden. Putting dried out flowers in the birdbath to makes it look more elegant.
- Stepping stones: Design the garden path with beautiful gravel steps; these can be naturally found stones or carved out textured tiles.
- Tree lighting: The big trees in the backyard, is the perfect place to put on those string lights. Place a couple of white varnished wooden chair under the tree, and it is a picture-perfect setting for a fun evening.
When it comes to beautifying the backyard, one may incorporate almost everything old from the house; from the galvanized tin baskets to old fancy teapots, everything can be used as flowerpots and herbs garden. Place an old desk in the middle of a lawn and put flowers pots on top of it, and plant different flowers on each of the drawers to create a fantastic effect.