How to use the vintage maps for decorating your house?
Home decoration is something fun and creative that all the home owners want to do and it is true that a little change in the way your house looks like, makes it good as new and helps you feel fresh. Therefore, it is a good approach to use different kind of things in your house decoration to bring out the best of its looks.
You could use all kind of things to decorate the house and one of the trendiest things today, is the use of the vintage maps. Yes, you read it right. The old maps and the new maps, all are being used for the wall decoration and for furniture décor as well. you could simply get a large sized world map, or some map from your travel trip, get it framed and place it on the wall. Or you could even use the pages from some old atlas and get those framed, then put them on the wall all together and then paste it on the wall in the form of a gallery. And if you do not have either of the two, old maps or an atlas, then you could find these easily from the market in any size and in pretty nice frames too.
Where could the vintage maps be used in your home décor?
There is no restriction to the use of these maps inside your house. you could choose any of the walls that you are looking forward to decorate and put the frames maps on it.
- The wall from your living room that has the main furniture before it, could be one of the best options for the mapped wall.
- You could also use it in your office in the home and decorate the walls with small sized framed maps on it.
- The kids and the teenager rooms can also have a good sized world map on one of their walls and it would prove helpful in their studies as well.
- You could cover up and entire wall with a huge wallpaper and apply it from one corner to another.
- You could use a large framed vintage map on one of the walls of the house in the entrance lobby and pair it up with the burlap lamp shades that make it look fine with the whole theme. Low spot lights coming from these lamps and the furniture that complements it, is going to complete the look of this part of the house.
- Not just the walls, but the decoupage technique is the one, where you paste small pieces of paper to the wooden surfaces of the furniture, to the cabinet doors, to the vases and other art pieces at your home; and you could always use the vintage maps for this decoration.
These are the simple yet elegant ways of adding the vintage maps to the décor of your house. you could always use your skills to make things appear classy and chic with the help of these maps.