Transform Your Basement To Add Enough Space And Function To Your Home In Markham
Basements have been known to be dark and unwelcoming but with some good renovation, you can turn this to add a lot of space and also add value to your home in Markham. Within a month, your basement can covert from an unused space to a stylish, comfortable living space where friends and family can gather for years to come.
There are endless possibilities of renovating your basement and changing it into a livable space. Some of the possible features are:
· Family room or guest room
· Hobby room: having your dedicated room to enjoy your hobby like music, cards, dance
· Home gym: Convert it into a gym or workout place
· Recreation room: make the space perfect with a custom cabinet for your LED or a projector for movie nights
· Basement bathroom
Hiring the right builder
Hiring a professional contractor for basement renovation is essential as they will act as project managers and handle all aspects of the renovation work. Cedar Hills Contracting specializes in basement renovation services at affordable pricing. They ensure you have all the requirements. They will create a design that will have important things like a separate entrance, and a minimum ceiling of 7 inches.
They have experience of 20 years working on small and major renovation projects offering high-end quality work and customer satisfaction. Their licensed custom home builder Markham will help you every step of the way from planning, designing, installing, and finishing.
There are several additional permits required for basement renovation. The dedicated licensed team ensures that the correct permits of electrical and plumbing works needed for basement renovations are sought. Since water and electricity are never to be mixed so with Cedar Hills Contracting, you can be assured the installation is done correctly and safely.
Considering lighting sources
You can add some great lighting options and transform your basement area into a welcome space.
· Plan for doors and windows or enlarge existing windows wherever possible to allow natural light into the basement. However, do not compromise on the structural load of the house as it will require permits.
· Go for recessed or pot lights that are known to brighten a space
· Add additional light accent lighting to complete the overall look.
· Get a licensed electrician to ensure all the wiring is done correctly.
The subfloor plays an important role in the overall comfort and longevity of your basement flooring.
· Before installing any flooring, ensure the concrete is dry and free of cracks and moisture to avoid any kind of damage by flood or water issues.
· Opting for water-resistant vinyl planks or ceramic tiles will be good
· Special subfloors include a space for moisture and drainage, rigid foam insulation, and a composite layer of substrate for the flooring.
· A heated floor is also a good option and is beneficial for the basement bathroom.
· Go for a budget-friendly laminate rather than hardwood for a hardwood floor look.
Work with your builder to ensure you get all the permits needed for plumbing and electrical work. Allow the Cedar Hills Contracting professionals to do the work for you to make your dream renovation a reality.