Which commercial security camera is recommended for your facility?
If you do a Google search for commercial security cameras you will come with millions of results. The reason being there are thousands of different models and manufactures or security cameras available in the market today. With so many types of video surveillance camera available, it may get tough to choose which is the best one for your facility?
Though you should consider several factors, a good place to begin is by learning the major types of cameras which are suitable for you.
Types of security cameras
Usually, analog cameras strike the mind of people when they want commercial security cameras because they have been in use for the past several years. These cameras work simple. Once the image has been taken by the camera, it is taken to the monitor and stored on videotape. Analog cameras function on composite wires for working and communication. Some of the benefits of analog security cameras are:
- Low price: As it is an older technology, they are cheaper than recent IP cameras.
- Better compatibility: you can mix and match any cameras with analog. If you have analog cameras and want to use them, then it will be simpler to integrate them with new analog systems. However, if you are going to buy a new camera, then you should go for IP cameras.
Internet Protocol cameras are the recently launched more advanced technology camera type. IP cameras click images or capture video and compress the files to transfer it over a network. IP cameras are linked to a network via Ethernet cables or connected wirelessly through a Wi-Fi router. Some of the benefits of IP cameras are:
- Good network connectivity: IP cameras are encrypted which makes them secure for network connection.
- Remarkable video quality: IP cameras have high image quality and offer bigger field of vision in comparison to analog cameras.
- They can integrate with distant monitoring apps. As these cameras function as network devices, video feed can be seed anywhere.
Night vision cameras
As the name states, these cameras are majorly made of night or very low lighting. Usually with most of these cameras, the night vision functions automatically. Sensors notice the change in light and switch to night vision mode. The front of the cameras has shiny LED bulbs and as soon as it gets dark, the LED is switched on and covers the field of view of the camera through infrared light. The light emitted isn’t visible to human eye.
Night vision cameras are useful if you want to monitor an outer area or a facility where lights are switched off during night time.
Security cameras are an element which can be configured to get a complete commercial security according to the safety needs of your company. In order to know more about business security solutions, you can contact us at houstonbestsecuritysolution.com. We will help you out with the best options. Pick the one feasible for you and get a robust security system for your facility.