5 Areas Where Cockroaches Like To Hide
Of all the common household pests we find here in Australia, the cockroach is the one that people most despise. These hardy little creatures have been around for at least 50 million years, which is quite an achievement and a reflection of just how tough they really are. If you think you have cockroaches in your home, here are some common hiding places you might want to look.
- Inside Kitchen Cabinets – You should remove everything from the kitchen cabinets weekly and have a wipe down with a damp cloth, and if you do find the odd cockroach, you can safely assume there are more. These tough little creatures love to hide in dark, damp places and they are notoriously difficult to remove completely, which is why you need to call in a pest control officer.
- Kitchen Appliances – This is a favourite hiding place for a lot of insects, especially underneath or behind an appliance, so do make sure that you clean these areas, as this will deter cockroaches and other pests from hanging around. For example, if you want to source the very best Buderim pest control, a Google search will help to find a reputable local provider who can deliver results.
- Furniture – Cockroaches sometimes lay their eggs in the soft upholstery of a chair, which would be accessible from the underside, so do turn over chairs and beat them with a duster to see if there are any insects present. A favourite nesting place is inside a sofa and you might never know the insects are there, as they only come out when it is dark and quiet.
- Dark Ceilings – It is known that cockroaches like to sit upside down on ceilings, as they can quickly fly away if danger presents itself, so do check all the rooms in the house, especially the basement if you have one. These insects like also to hide in dark corners, in the bathroom and kitchen, and if you see one, don’t take any chances and call the professional pest control firm who can send a mobile unit to your home and they can deal with the pests accordingly. For further reading on common places for cockroaches to hide, a quick online search should bring you informative articles.
- Inside Bathroom Cupboards – The moisture in the bathroom will attract cockroaches and if you have a torch, look inside the bath panels and also inside and under any bathroom cabinets. While you can buy over the counter insect spray, calling in a local pest control company ensures total removal. A Google search is the easiest way to source such a provider.
If you suspect you have some form of pest in your property, the best solution is to call in the experts, who have the knowledge and the equipment to carry out the extermination, plus they will take preventative measures to ensure there are no repeat invasions in the near future. The pest control officer knows exactly where to look and he usually does his job within an hour, leaving your home free from pests that carry disease.